Certification & Testing
The certification process will differ depending on the solutions and equipment in your unique integration with Heartland.
Choose your integration type to get started with certification.
To receive production keys for a customized payment solution created using our SDKs, you must begin certification following the steps below. If you are using an existing Heartland plugin or extension, or have previously certified your solution in the past, please reach out to your Relationship Manager or our Production Operations team with questions.
Creating a custom payment solution using our SDKs
- Register for an account on the Heartland Developer Portal (if you haven't already).
- Fill out the CRF.
- Upon receiving your completed CRF, we will send you a developer ID, version number, and a series of test transactions to complete based on your selections on the CRF.
- Respond to that email, or reach out to us at email@example.com once you have processed the requested transactions.
- Our team will check each transaction to make sure all data is correct for compliance purposes. We will alert you of any issues or changes you'll need to make, or finalize a certification announcement letter based on our review.
Certification is required for any integration wishing to receive production API keys for card-not-present payment processing. If you have any questions about the process, please reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fill out the form below to begin certification. If you do not see the form, you must create an account by clicking the "Get Sandbox Account" button on this site. If you have already created an account click "Sign In".
Once you are ready to certify your card-present integration, fill out the Validation Request Form (VRF) and one of our team members will start the process with you.
- Browse our terminal & hardware options.
- Fill out the VRF.
- Upon receiving your completed VRF, we will determine your need for a test device and provide test cases based on your responses in the Validation Request Form.
- Respond to that email for integration questions or reach out to us at email@example.com once you have processed the requested transactions.
- Our Integration team will check each transaction to make sure all data is correct for compliance purposes. We will alert you of any issues or changes you'll need to make, or finalize a certification announcement letter based on our review.
Certification is required for any integration for card-present payment processing. If you have any questions about the process, please reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This section can pertain to certifications including Portico, Petro, Ecommerce, MOTO, lodging, retail, restaurant, MSR, ACH, EMV, Gift, Recurring Payments and more
- Review Portico or Portico Exchange Certification Process.
- Work with Heartland Integration Team to discuss integration: email@example.com
- Send Certification Request Form to Integrator Management (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Develop and test your integration. Contact us with any questions.
- Once your development is complete, work with your assigned certification analyst to complete required tests.